List of Workshops (See also WS Participants)
The first meeting of CIB W78 (with the tentative
commission name Computer-Aided Design),
was held in Stockholm August 14, 1983,
in connection with the
CIB.83 congress. 16 people participated from 10 countries. The first
co-ordinator was Ms. Janet Spoonamore from CERL, Champaign, USA.
- 2009 Istanbul, Turkey. October 1-3.
26th W78 Conference "Managing IT in Construction/Managing Construction for Tomorrow". [Flyer, site front page, Progress report]
- 2008 Santiago, Chile. July 15 - 17.
25th W78 Conference "Improving the management of construction projects through IT adoption". [Site front page, Progress/Program report].
- 2007 Maribor, Slovenia. June 27 - 29.
24th W78 Conference "Bringing ITC knowledge to work". [The conference also incorporated two already well established workshops, lead by EG-ICE (European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering) and ITC@EDU (Construction IT in Education Network).]
- 2006 Montreal, Canada. June 14-16.
Joint International Conference on Computing and Decision Making in Civil and Building Engineering "Building on IT"
- 2005 Dresden, Germany. July 19-21.
“W78 22nd Conference on Information Technology in Construction.
- 2004 Toronto, Canada. May 7-8.
“Integrated Systems to Support Sustainability”,
CV714-2004 W78 Workshop Roadmapping,
Friday 7th May and Saturday 8th May 2004
in conjunction with the CIB 2004
Triennial World Building Congress (2nd - 7th May, 2004), Toronto, Canada.
- 2003 Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand, April 23-25
The theme was 'Construction IT Bridging the Distance'
- "Construction IT Bridging the Distance". ISBN 0-908689-71-3. CIB Publication 284. (494 pages).
- 2002 Århus, Denmark, June 12-14
The theme was 'Distributing Knowledge In Building'
[Call for papers]
- "Distributing Knowledge In Building". (2 bindings).
- 2001 Mpumalanga, South Africa, 30 May - 1 June
The theme was 'IT in Construction in Africa 2001.' [Accepted papers]
- "CIB-W78 International Conference. IT in Construction in Africa 2001.". CSIR, Division of Building and Construction Technology. ISBN 0-7988-5531-2. (44 papers on 525 pages).
2000 Reykjavik, June 28 - 30
The theme was 'Construction Information Technology 2000. Taking the construction industry into the 21st century'.
Construction Information Technology 2000. Taking the construction industry into the 21st century". Icelandic Building Research. ISBN 9979-9174-3-1. 2 Volumes (1101 pages)
- 1999 Vancouver, May 31 - June 3
in conjunction with the '8th International Conference on Durability of Building Materials and Components'
1998 Stockholm, June 3-5
The theme was 'The life-cycle of Construction IT innovations. - Technology transfer from research to practice'.
- "The life-cycle of Construction IT innovations. - Technology transfer from research to practice". June, 1998. ISBN 91-7171-281-4, (468 pp). Edited by Bo-Christer Björk and Adina Jägbeck, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
1997 Cairns, July 9-11
The theme was 'Information Technology Support for
Construction Process Re-Engineering' IT-CPR-97.
- "Information Technology Support for
Construction Process Re-Engineering". July, 1997. CIB
Proceedings. Publication 208, (470 pp). Edited by Robin Drugemuller, James Cook University of North Queensland, Australia.
- 1996 Bled, June 10-12
The theme was 'Construction on the Information Highway'. (Program, list of abstracts)
Construction on the Information Highway". May, 1996. CIB
Proceedings. Publication 198, (562 pp),
Univ, of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
1995 Stanford, August 22-24.
The theme was Computers and Information in Construction.
W78 with TG10 (Task Group on Computer Representation of Design Standards
and Building Codes).
- "Modeling of Buildings through their Life-Cycle". August, 1995. CIB
Proceedings. Publication 180, (621 pp),
- 1994 Helsinki, August 21-23.
The theme was Integrated Computer Aided Design.
64 participants from 18 countries. Separate program.
- "Integrated Computer Aided Design". June, 1994. VTT,
Espoo, Finland. (Binder).
- 1993 Singapore, August .
First International Conference on Management of Information
Technology for Construction. The conference was organized in
collaboration with CIB W78.
- "Management of Information Technology for Construction". Singapore.
(Edited by Krishan Mathur, Martin Betts, Kwok Wai Tham). World Scientific & Global
Publications Service. 1992. (599 pages).
- 1992 Montreal, May.
The theme was "Computers and Information in Construction"
127 participants from 20 countries.
- "Joint CIB Workshops on
Computers and Information in Construction". May, 1984. W57,
W74 (Information Coordination in the Building Process)
, W78, TG10, Montreal, Canada. (Editors Dana Vanier, Russell Thomas).
CIB Proceedings, Publication 165. (610 pages).
- 1991 Eindhoven, September 16-17.
The theme was "The Computer Integrated Future".
- "The Computer Integrated Future".
CIB Seminar, 16-17 September, 1991. Eindhoven University
of Technology, Calibre, The Netherlands. (Binder). (345 pages).
- 1990 Tokyo, September 17-19.
The theme was "Computer Integrated Construction" with
82 participants from 12 countries. Separate seminar program.
- "Computer Integrated Construction". CIB W78+W74 Seminar, September 1990,
Tokyo, Japan. (Editor Tatsuo Terai, Department
Industrial Design, Chiba Institute of Technology). CIB Proceedings 138.
(Also published by Elsevier (ed Harry Wagter).
- 1989 Barcelona, April 10-11.
The theme was "Computer Aided Construction. The Future". Separate program.
- 1988 Lund, October 24-28.
The theme was "Conceptual Modelling of Buildings" with
91 participants from 16 countries. Separate seminar program.
- "Conceptual Modelling of Buildings". CIB W74+W78 Seminar, October, 1988. Lund University
and The Swedish Building Centre. CIB Proceedings
126. (Editors Per Christiansson, Henry Karlsson).
- 1987 London, September 28-29.
The theme was "Innovative Design Descriptions and Practical
Aspects of Integrated Cad". The seminar was held in conjunction with
a conference on Data Exchange in Construction (organized by
BSRIA) (Oct 1-2).
26 participants from 10 countries.
- 1986 Washington, September 26.
The theme was "Innovative Design Descriptions". The workshop
was held in conjunction with the CIB.86 Congress.
The workshop was organized in 6 separate group workshops with
an introductory key note speech. Separate program.
- 1985 Rotterdam, September 16-17.
The theme was "Integrated Systems Result". The seminar was held
in conjunction with the CAAD Futures in Delft (Sept 18-19)
and ECAADE (Sept 19). (Organizer Anne Volbeda). Separate program.
- 1984 London, June 5-7.
The theme was "Integrated Computer Aided Design".
49 participants from 10 countries.
- "Integrated Computer Aided Design". Colloquium, June 5-7, 1984. Building
Research Establishment, Watford, United Kingdom. (Organizer Rob Howard, CICA,
Cambridge). CIB Proceedings, Publication 78. (51 pages).
- 1983 Stockholm August 14.
The initial terms of references was agreed upon.